Oriental jewels – ethnic, Asia is a most wide and mysterious continent, with different climates and mythical populations going back thousands of years: horsemen of the steppes, nomads of the Middle East, sumptuous Indian palaces, head hunters of the jungles, monks living on the “Roof of the World”, and imperial China splendours. Nomadic and semi-nomadic populations living in and moving through Asia use to wear and carry their wealth .
Oriental Rings – ethnic, since the most remote ages, an essential wire shaped as a circle and called RING has accompanied men’s and women’s daily life. Made with the most diverse materials, iron at the beginning, later on with various other components such as gold, silver, stone, glass, fibres, wood, bone, according to the different places and cultures, this object has always attracted people’s interest. This simple ornament has been .
India the Navaratna, jewel with nine stones in Sanskrit, where nava stands for nine and ratna for jewel; together with the saptaratna, seven gems, the pancharatna, five gems and the triratna, three gems, is part of a collection of amulets made by combining the stones in order to protect the bearer. The tradition of jewelry created by combining different stones originates in countries like India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia .
Akshamala the Buddhist Rosary and the Rosary around the World, in the tradition and history of many cultures and religions, the use of special instruments as a support in man’s path to the Divine has always been of great interest, filled with a particular symbolic value. One of the most significant, popular and commonly known of such instruments is undoubtedly the ROSARY: very often associated to the solely Christian .
Dzi agate, already 4000 years ago, in Tibet and Nepal took shape and spread one of the oldest cult, bon or bon-po, from which later developed what became one of the most important and professed religion, Buddhism. Closely related to Buddhist tradition, and Tibetan in particular, is a small object of great symbolic power and extraordinary prestige: the dzi, or gzhi, pronounced zii –bright, light, brilliance– is made with .
Tibetan jewelry, in Tibet, as in all countries where jewels have not only an aesthetic function but a symbolic and apotropaic value, jewelry accumulate on clothes. Most of the jewelry is in fact made with symbolic stones and organic elements, both selected for their protective, miraculous and religious powers. Therefore amulets and pendants are often reliquaries that contain spells, incantations and prayers. The reliquary pendants may have various forms: .
Nepalese jewelry, the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal is located in South Asia bordering the Himalayas, People’s Republic of China and India. Placed in this position, the Nepalese culture, although possessing highly autonomous and distinctive traits, constitutes also an area where the iconographic elements are shared by other neighboring cultures. It is a densely populated area where about a third of the population is still illiterate nowadays. The practiced .
Silver Jewelry in the tradition of Chinese ethnic minorities – China has 1 billion and 300 million inhabitants; of these, 92% belong to the Han Chinese population while the remaining 8% is divided into as many as 55 different ethnic groups, withdifferent culture, tradition and language. Therefore speaking of Chinese jewelry itself is a forced generalization that necessarily involves a further analysis which falls into the specifics of the .
Hand of Fatima ONLINE SHOP The Hand of Fatima in Orient – The symbolism of the Hand of Fatima/Miriam — or Hamsa — is very old, due to the primitive cults of both the Sumerians and the Babylonians, in the form of Inanna and then Ishtar, a derivation of the first, both goddesses linked to fertility, beauty and love in their carnal and erotic expression. Lettura in italiano – .
The Gao, also known as Ga’u or Gahu, is the most spectacular of protective amulets: a silver talismanic box embellished and enriched with precious and semiprecious stones. Lettura in italiano – Lectura en español Worn as jewelry by the people of Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan and Mongolia, it has always been considered a powerful defense against bad luck, disease and anything that could in any way cause harm to the .
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.